Over the past week, we have been respectfully silent, taking time to listen, learn and to leave a clear platform for voices to be heard & amplified.
We are a young brand, with the core values of inclusivity and representation integral to our being. Our goal is simple; to make amazing skincare for humans, regardless of their ethnicity, gender or sexuality.
Since launching a few months ago, we have proudly worked with a wide-variety of talented BAME models, influencers & content creators. We have strived to ensure our platform is truly representative of our amazing community.
But we know there is SO much more for us to work on.
Throughout this past week of self-reflection & self-education, we have created the following commitments towards being part of the change.
- Following an initial donation to the George Floyd Memorial Fund, we will donate quarterly to:
- The Black Curriculum: Shaping longer-term systemic change through educating our young people
- Stand Against Racism & Inequality (SARI): Supporting victims of hate crime or discrimination
- Continue our existing mentorship of young Black talent within the Beauty industry, and build on this by creating internships for BAME students as our business grows
- Continue to use our platforms to showcase & amplify the work of Black & POC content creators
- Proactively question diversity statistics of podcasts & panels our founders speak on
- Share our #pulluporshutup figures now & annually (PTO)
We are a small brand and might not always get things right. But we are absolutely committed to listening effectively and acting with intent, and to ensure our voice is proactive in driving forward this agenda towards a positive outcome.
We would value your input if you have any suggestions on how we could use our platform to support this change we all want to see.
We would grateful for you share these thoughts by messaging us on firstname.lastname@example.org✨